Joe

Default A 1972 Pearson 30' who's bow is down about 2 inches...

"J Bard" wrote in message ink.net...

My next slip neighbor has a P 40 and is fixing to cruise the world
leaving here in about a week. He has the same problem. But he added a
anchor pulpit and 2 heavy anchors on the bow, chain, ect. Seem just
150 + pounds sticking out forward the deck was enough to do it. He's
putting on a monitor wind vien and a windmill gen this week and hope
that will level him out.

The Pearsons are such nimble boats it's suprising how little weight
can affect it's water line. I'm suprised Bobbys P-30 did not capsize
when he stepped aboard.

Joe
MSV RedCloud

A 1972 Pearson 30' who's bow is down about 2 inches. A friend suggested
gelcoat leaks leading to water saturated fiberglass - another suggested that
even if the front of the boat was waterlogged , the extra weight of whatever
the front hull could hold would not be enough to bring the whole boat down
in front .
Any other Pearson owners out there with knowledge of this ? I don't think
I have enough in front to do this; I did add a roller fuller and a slightly
oversized anchor (kept on the pulpit) but I doubt this was enough ..

Any way to get a reading on the hull for "waterloggedness" ?