Marc

Default Bill and his portaboat

I've owned it since 1996 and have had several different experiences
towing it. Flat water, motoring, find the right spot on the stern
wave and it tows straight with out any loss of speed at all. Sailing,
wind abeam or forward,tows well,but will hunt as speed is not
constant. Wind aft of the beam and it will be up your ass, burying its
nose. I only tow it now in protected waters for short trips. East
River, Block Island Sound, Race, LI / Jesey Coast, Buzzzards, Cape
cod, Del. Bay, Chessie , I carry it on deck. The only drawbck to that
is , due to lazyness, there is a tendency to not break out the dinghy
if your'e only going to be in a port one day.

On 08 Dec 2003 15:29:33 GMT, (Bobsprit) wrote:

You should of mentioned it when you came down. It was right there on
the dock. I could have dropped it in the water ,no sweat. PS, if you
are interested in exercise, it rows well too.

I always row the inflatable, which is okay most of the time, Suzanne takes
along the shore of Cold Springs and goes bird watching.
How often do you tow it? Will it swamp easily being towed in chop?

RB