Dave Hall

Default Just How Safe Do You Feel?

jps wrote:

"Dave Hall" wrote in message

The answer is painstakenly simple: Stop comitting crimes, and we'll stop
putting you in jail. But that overly simplistic answer, would never be
acceptable to those on the left who are always looking to deflect
responsibility away from the individuals, and onto the more clouded and
often vague entity of society.

Dave

The answer that I'm driving you to is painstakingly simple. Some people in
our society pay a higher cost to exist simply due to their skin color. You
skirted the issure repeatedly by claiming "don't do the crime and you won't
do the time." It's not that simple Dave.

If the problem of crime didn't exist, we wouldn't be having this
discussion. If we truly want to hold individuals accountable for thie
actions, then everyone must pay for what they do wrong.

Do you believe in cause and effect relationships?
Is the supposed bias against minorities, responsible for their lack of
respect for the law? Or, is their lack of respect for the law,
responsible for their negative bias? A sort of "chicken and egg"
question.....

Stopping crime isn't the only answer.

No, but it would pave a very large part of the path.

It's also making certain that
punishment isn't metted out unfairly in one community over another.

Do you have statistics for the number of middle class suburban white
youths who are getting away with crimes? You only assume that since the
number of minority youths in the criminal justice system, is
disproportional to their population, that they are unfairly targeted.
Without corroborating evidence of cops "looking the other way", with
respect to white kids, you're just ****ing in the wind.

Another thing you're failing to consider; economic status. What are your
statistics for poor inner city white kids, in trouble with the law,
compared to their percentage of the city population? And what about
middle class suburban black youths?

Once again, you're painting a picture with a racial brush, which should
instead be painted with a socio-economic one.

Here's some more info for you Dave. I'm sure you'll refute it and say
something dense that'll obfuscate the actual point I'm making. But, at this
point, I consider that par for the course.

The truth does that to people looking to promote a cause, without all
the facts

SEATTLE - A new University of Washington study says people are more inclined
to shoot blacks than whites.

And why do you suppose that is? Could it be that statistically you stand
a higher chance of being accosted in the city by a person of color than
a white person? I guess you can blame the media for pasting the pictures
and composite drawings of the latest rapists and robbers all over the
6:00 news, for subliminally planting that bias.

Dave