Peter Wiley

Default Hull Flexing

In article , Flying Tadpole
wrote:

Peter Wiley wrote:

snip

The issue isn't repeatability at all. You're merely trying to shift
goalposts. Your Ella is a racing boat and built like one - minimum
weight and what you see WRT flexing is what you'd expect. As a class
they break in really bad weather because they're outside their design
envelope.

Was it so bad a voyage/tour of duty, Peter, that even on your
return you insist on clubbing insensible elephant seals?

Was a good voyage actually. Hobart to the ice edge, into the pack for a
few weeks, across to Casey base through the pack and then back out and
home. Drop me a line and I'll send you some pix.

I don't have any problems with people owning lightweight plastic boats
- they do go fast and point high, plus you get lots of exercise
changing headsails with each 5 knot wind change. Just that nobody
should think they're good for much else.

Be nice to see a light schooner on the Derwent.

Peter Wiley