Bobsprit

Default New Handheld....again!

Well, the replaced Simrad had a faulty charger!!! What is it with BoatUS and
West Marine? I even noticed that the last unit returned was back on the "Sale"
table. I guess they just want to move stuff out the door and don't care if it
works or not.

I complained about all the driving and they credited me the full price of the
Simrad, meaning I paid 11 dollars for the new radio...An Icom M1V. Very nice
unit...looks like this...

http://www.brokenlegdave.com/Manufac...s/icom_m1v.gif

Well, it was this years top pick in Practical Sailor and several other
publications. I nearly bought the tiny Uniden, but I was told that they have
problems and weak reception compared to the Icom. Only other choices were the
tiny Icom and Horizons, which were not rated as well and felt too small. Of the
micro VHF's the Uniden felt best. So I played it safe and ended up with a good
radio! And no battery memory!

RB