Woodchuck

Default Can a single 72 gal per hour fuel pump run two 392 cu inch motors?

Common rule is if you have a 300hp engine then you need a pump that can
deliver 30g/h at about 5 psi. Personally if I had twins I would want twin
pumps just encase one dies.

"Scott Downey" wrote in message
I was wanting to eliminate the mechanical fuel pumps on each motor and
install an electric vane positive displacement gasoline fuel pump to feed
them both. Can a 72 gal/hour single pump feed both carbs? I was going to
place the pump between the tanks and let it push fuel to separate

coalescing
filters and then on to the carbs.
Following is a link to the pump I am interested in using.
Mainly I dont like having to crank the engines until fuel fills the carbs
after the motor sits. I just want to let the fuel pump fill the carb bowls
and let the motors start up easy. And I just discovered one of my pumps is
bad as well.

http://www.go2marine.com/frameset.js...egoryId/12058/