Horvath

Default Detect mast and boom cracks with a violin bow

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 02:44:12 GMT, "JaxAshby" wrote
this crap:

I detect mast and boom cracks by stroking either with a violin bow.

It's just like playing a saw.

A classically trained ear, such as mine, can detect subtle harmonics
generated by cracks or strain hardening in the metals.

This method also works for rigging, for both determining cracks and tension.

I don't have a violin bow. I use a tricorder.

Hero@Horvath

I don't spend my money on food. I spend most of my money
on women, porn, booze, and recreation. The rest of it I just waste.