Capt. Mooron

Default Inherently beautiful.

If you had a clue about boat handling or the experience of operating a large
sail vessel without any auxiliary... then you might be able to talk to me
about ship handling in tight quarters under sail. I have such experience.
It's amazing what a sailboat can do in the right hands of someone with
competence.

The situation you describe is easily and safely maneuvered with some fore
thought and a speck of navigational, helm and ship handling experience. It's
fine that you use an engine to compensate for your obvious lack of skills.
I'm certain every slip neighbour draws a sigh of relief at your safe
negotiation of the slips at your marina.

Yes I use belaying pins to correct errant crew and baggywrinkles to cushion
my rum bottle from damage..... I'll bet you use a foam cushioned Mylar
drink holder from on of the lofts to cradle your wine coolers.

Wheel steering is fine on a larger boat. A 27 footer with a wheel is plain
stupid. My 30 footer has stern hung rudder and a tiller. That's proper!

Miserable???.... No. Old... no way! Likely to take issue with an ill
conceived, ignorant, poorly informed, pompous rant of idiocy from the likes
of you.... You Bet!

Next time you feel like you are the last word on proper sailing
technique.... whack your thick skull into the desk a few times and keep in
mind I'll be standing by to correct you on your decimation of dangerous and
idiotic diatribe.

CM