RG

Default Replacing Lowrance depth finder

"WaIIy" wrote in message

I'm surprised (and doubt) Searay put in a transducer that is through
the hull for that little depth finder. Maybe he should take another
look and he will discover that it is just glued to the inside of the
hull and it just looks like it's a thru-hull.

My '95 Four Winns, '97 Sea Ray, and '99 Sea Ray all had/have Lowrance 3500
digital depth sounders (the one this thread is discussing). All were
factory installed with a hole drilled in the hull in the engine compartment
resulting in the face of the transducer being flush with the outside bottom
of the hull. Excellent performance from the sounder while under way at
cruising speed in deep water in all three cases.