Wildest Dream

Default Replacing Lowrance depth finder

I hung mine off the back. got the humming bird 200 dx, w/ transom deucer.
can be glued too for thru hull. I ran the speedo and temp. option also,
speedo clogged up right away, paddle wheel has a whole bunch of barnacles on
it. GL

"WaIIy" wrote in message
On 14 Oct 2003 06:52:07 -0700, (butch burton)
wrote:

A non digital friend just bought a 95 Searay, 31' and it has the stock
Lowrance depth finder with a round digital readout. He would like to
replace this unit with a very good Lowrance or other depth and
fishfinder and use the same thru hull hole. How does one go about
finding which transducer is compatible with the existing hole. The
fall back position is to make the hole larger but he definately does
not want to drill another hole in the hull. Also it would be nice if
he could keep the existing digital readout on the console and add the
fishfinder screen.

Thanks

I'm surprised (and doubt) Searay put in a transducer that is through
the hull for that little depth finder. Maybe he should take another
look and he will discover that it is just glued to the inside of the
hull and it just looks like it's a thru-hull.

In any case, he could add his fishfinder and obtain a transducer that
shoots through instead of drilling.