Martin

Default Time limit for hearing (not filing) protest

$author = " ;
I was just informed last week that I was being protested for a race
that was held at the end of Aug.

having just re-read the rules, there does not appear to be a time limit for
the hearing. as long as his protest was submitted to the race committee
within two hours (or as modified in the sailing instructions Rule 61.2).

Oh, and all racing is finished for the year, the final series scoring
has been published, and the race in question will not alter any of the
results.

you might want to make that point to the protestor. hopefully he will have
enough common sense to withdraw the protest.

in my lazy opinion, if it doesn't affect your placing and it does get heard,
you might want to plead guilty to save a whole lot of hassle.

cheers
marty