Default Time limit for hearing (not filing) protest

I was just informed last week that I was being protested for a race
that was held at the end of Aug. At the end of the race in question,
another boat informed me that he was protesting me for a foul right
before the start. I was unaware during the race that he had protested
me, and was surprised that there was a foul.

I heard nothing of this protest, and assumed the other skipper had
decided against going thru with it. But last week I learned
otherwise. It was the fault of the fleet captain, he never scheduled
a protest hearing, so I have no fault with the other skipper, he has
told me he attempted to have the hearing, But since nearly 3 months
have gone by, is there any limit on the hearing of a protest? My only
concern is that since so much time has transpired, it will be
difficult to potentially find witnesses to the incident.

Oh, and all racing is finished for the year, the final series scoring
has been published, and the race in question will not alter any of the
results.