Lloyd Sumpter

Default any possible damage running WOT for 1hr?

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 04:21:28 +0000, jim wrote:

Hello,

Anyone know if I could have damaged my 2001 mercruiser 3.0 running at
WOT for over an hour?

Afterwards, when I turned of my engine, it dieseled. Tried it a couple
times and it keeps dieseling. Ill try super unleaded next time out but
concerned if any permanent damage could have been done especially since
it was in salt. Never dieseled before. Only about 20hrs on it....sigh.

TIA!

I had a similar engine (the 2.5L 120hp) in my Campion, and it used to
diesel a lot. I found letting it cool down before shutting it off after
running hard seemed to help.

As others have said, it's a pretty tough engine, and "WOT" isn't that
high an RPM (4000?).

Lloyd Sumpter