K Smith

Default Should I disconnect the VRO system?

ted wrote:
Hi,

I have a 1985 Johnson 120HP VRO that threw something through the block
leaving the a hole the size of a quarter. Someone suggested that the VRO
system may have failed.

I am now replacing the damaged motor with a 1986 Johnson 90 HP VRO.
Would it be a good idea to remove the VRO and use premixed gas instead?
If so, how do I go about disconnecting the VRO system?

Thank you in advance for your replies on this question

Thanks,
Ted

Yes very quickly.

Harry's second lie of the day, given on the one hand he claims his
family dealership which nobody can find any record nor even trace of was
the biggest in the NE it does seem a bit tricky that the head "mechanic"
was a part timer. Habitual liars have trouble as they get older; their
memory lets them down every time:-) Believe or not; it's up to you.

You'll recall my dad sold
approximately 500 outboards a year, which made him the largest dealer in
Connecticut and possibly all of New England,

then

My father's chief mechanic was a part-timer. In fact, he worked for
merchandise. His choice. As his "day job," he was chief of engine
development at a major helicopter factory near my father's marina.