noah

Default Is it ok to run a 24 volt trolling motor on a 12 volt battery to test the motor to see if it actually runs?

On 7 Oct 2003 12:42:16 -0700, (SDNomad) wrote:

Will it harm a 24 volt motor to run it on 12 volts just to make sure
the brushes and everything are good? I know it will run slow but will
it have any harmful effects?

Be careful about running any motor, trolling or otherwise, out of
water. If it is "momentary", you can probably get away with it.

The seals will heat up, and potentially burn out, without water.
Good luck,

....carry on.
noah

To email me, please remove the "FISH" from the net.