Donal

Default That was no rock that Bobadil struck!

"Shen44" wrote in message

One suggestion: Ships/boats, engaged in different forms of work, such as
survey, fishing, offshore supply, tend to be of a type/shape and size,

coupled
with running at slower speeds (in some cases) when working.

Here is a picture of the boat in question
http://www.gardline.co.uk/seeker.html

It looked like a coastal freighter from our boat. It was doing about 12-15
kts (guess). There was nothing unusual about its speed.

With this in mind, don't just look for lights and shapes. Mentsally

picture
what you are looking at, and try to categorize, while thinking of the

possible
maneuvers, etc. it could be doing, if it falls into one of your categories

it may give you something to start working on for possble actions he will

take
as well as what you can do.

I realize the above is kinda vague, but I always try to figure out type,

size,
nationality, where from and to, and what it may be doing out of the

ordinary,
so I can start developing plan A,B,C, ......

Likewise!

Regards

Donal