John[_6_] John[_6_] is offline

Default Gotta love this...

On Sun, 17 Jan 2021 08:51:58 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

...no matter your politics:

White House 'Indoguration Day' for Major Biden

Major, the first shelter dog to make it to White House, is getting
honored on Sunday.
Before his human gets inaugurated, Major Biden is getting "indogurated."
The soon-to-be first pet is being honored with a virtual "indoguration"
celebration on Jan. 17, courtesy of the Delaware Humane Association —
the shelter President-elect Joe Biden got him from.
The German shepherd will be the White House's first shelter dog.
Before Biden adopted him in 2018, Major had been one of six puppies who
were taken to the shelter "after coming in contact with something toxic
in their home," the organization said at the time."Joe Biden caught
wind of them and reached out immediately. The rest is history!"
The DHA is advertising the Sunday event as "the world's largest virtual
party for dogs," and is using it to raise funds for the shelter. It's
being hosted by the "TODAY" show's Jill Martin and will feature an
appearance by Sir Darius Brown, a teenage entrepreneur who founded a
bow-tie company called Beaux and Paws to help shelter dogs get adopted.

Great story. My last four dogs were all shelter dogs. We fostered another one
for a few months and then adopted him. But after a couple more months he became
too aggressive with the dogs we had. So he had to go back. He's since been
adopted by another family with no dogs. Happy for him.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!