posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.boats.building,sci.engr.joining.welding

Default Retail Source 5052 PIPE (not thin wall tube) USA

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message ...

On 1/12/2021 3:26 PM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
I think these were cut from aluminum irrigation(?) pipe.
https://warriorprincess.fandom.com/wiki/Chakram

That would be some hellacious irrigation pipe. I've got a buddy who
owns a several miles of irrigation pipe upto 12 inches. None of it is
that thick.

I think its more likely it was cut from plate. There are even aluminum
vendors who list circle (ring) cuts as standard order items on their
websites. https://www.xometry.com/supplies/aluminum-6061-t6-ring

That's what I read, about the show's original props. The replicas seem to be
cut from plate. I remember because I was surprised they would have pipe like
that Down Under. Perhaps it carried water up into the New Zealand mountains
where the show was filmed.

I burned through more than a day's internet ration looking for thick-walled
tubing for hydraulics or to make deep submersible hulls. I have a use for
6063 T-1 rigid aluminum electrical conduit but I haven't found a local
source.
https://www.alliedeg.us/wp-content/u...ngs-elbows.pdf