Default Why I like Apple, redux

On Thu, 24 Dec 2020 14:55:49 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 12/24/20 2:29 PM, Bill wrote:
Keyser Söze wrote:
The charging port on my several year old iPad failed...won't allow the
device to be charged no matter what charger or cable I use. Called
AppleCare, and as the stores are not doing any repair work these days,
at least not around here, Apple said it would send me a return box and
as soon as it received the box back, it would send me a *NEW* iPad of
the same vintage and memory size, at no cost, and if it didn't have one
of my vintage in stock, it would send me a current model.

Oh, and the support guy spoke "American-ese" and was in Pennsylvania.

Happy New Year!

And if you figure what you paid for Apple Care and the repair fee, you most
likely could have bought a new iPad.

I paid $99 total for several years of Apple Care. No repair fee. Free
shipping. Do the math.

Also the I-pad costs significantly more than an Android of the same
basic capability. It is a gamble Apple makes. They have to give away a
free one now and then but they charge enough to eat their real cost of
the product FOB Poon Tang China (basically covered by the $100 you
gave them for the extended warranty).