Wayne.B

Default Fitting a boat trailer to a boat.

Nigel Knott wrote:

Careful if the transom is beyond the bunks, as the weight of the engine
could cause the hull to 'hook'

..
On Sun, 05 Oct 2003 12:38:06 -0400, Harry Krause wrote:

Depends on the boat, the engine and the trailer, and how much of the
weight of the boat is actually supported. On most roller trailers I see,
the aft set of rollers are six inches to a foot away from the transom.
But it certainly is an issue with some setups.

I think it's more of an issue with an outboard where the weight of the
motor is bearing directly on the transom. With an I/O the engine
weight is supported by the stringers at points several feet forward of
the transom.