calhoun

Default old 2 stroke oil mix

Hi,
I have a little used but good running early 1960s' 9.5 evenrude. The
original owners manual said to use 1qt 30w oil per 5 gallons gas. (16/1 I
believe?). I have been using the same mix but with modern (mercruiser) 2
stroke oil. I have read that the engines didn't change that much but the oil
changed a lot. I also have a newer 4 hp evenrude and a 2 hp Suzuki both
claim to use 200/1. I have always used 100/1 on them and even that seems
like to little oil to this old timer. Anyway can I use a "less oil" mix on
the old 9.5 as long as I use the mercuser oil. I am just trying to cut down
the smoke screen.
TIA