Wally

Default What type of rig?

"Simple Simon" wrote in message news:fe-dnS-

It's pretty standard or was several years ago before Hunter
and some other manufacturers started skimping on standing
rigging with Gunter rigs and other such nonsense not welcome
on a cruising vessel.

Figures - the boat was made in 1972.

You rig is called a masthead rig with double lowers and
split backstay. This is a proper cruising rig.

In what way is it a proper cruising rig? Strength? Wouldn't it be viable for
(non-serious) racing as well? (I'm thinking about the tuning aspect, as
mentioned a while ago, it has a sliding gooseneck as well.)

--
Wally
I demand rigidly-defined areas of uncertainty!