Justan Ohlphart[_3_] Justan Ohlphart[_3_] is offline

Default #72

Alex Wrote in message:
wrote: On Fri, 13 Dec 2019 21:43:26 -0500, Alex wrote: wrote: On Fri, 13 Dec 2019 08:43:53 -0500, Keyser Soze wrote: I bought my CZ new from the CZ Custom Shop and before it was shipped to my local gun store, I had the Custom Shop convert it to SAO, among other "customizations," so it had no "double action mode." You had to rack the slide to put a round in the pipe and that, of course, would cock the hammer. At that point, if you wished, you could flick on the manual safety, and "carry" cocked and locked. I never did that. I carried in Condition 3 when I carried. Usually, though, the pistol was kept in Condition 4...no mag in the pistol, no round in the chamber, hammer down, aka "idiot proof safe." === I can see an advantage to carrying with a round in the chamber but with the hammer down - as long as the gun has a double action mode for the first round. How do you get a round in the chamber without cocking the hammer? Do you have to lower the hammer manually and hope your thumb doesn't slip? That's how it works if you don't have a decocker. Don't most DAs have a decocker?Not many.

He probably was thinking of da/sa
--
..

----Android NewsGroup Reader----