Bill[_12_] Bill[_12_] is offline

Default Meet Jim Allison

wrote:
On Sun, 28 Oct 2018 16:57:25 -0400, John H.
wrote:

What a great story!

https://www.wired.com/story/meet-jim...-breakthrough/

===

Yes, I read that the other day and was very impressed. Certainly his
Nobel prize was richly deserved, and it was good to know that he also
had a little fun along the way.

I'm also impressed with the recent quality of the articles in Wired
magazine. I actually broke down and bought a paid subscription after
reading about Allison.

---
http://www.avg.com

Great story. One part struck me biggly. The part where all the
researchers were saying one thing, and Allison finally decided they were
wrong. Group consensus is not always correct.