Bob D.

Default New one on me - Laminate Flooring (Long, of course)

In article ,
(Scott McFadden) wrote:

(Bob D.) wrote in message

A. Qualify your remarks as your opinion
B. If stating it as a fact, back up what you say with some shred of

evidence

Find me one offshore, six pack, diving or fishing charter from Key
West to Fernandina Beach, FL that uses a Bayliner.

Good luck, there aren't any.

I guess it's the "opinion" of these charter Capt's, who are on the
water everyday possible, that Bayliner is not their 1st, 2nd, 3rd,
4th, ect, ect, "choice" if you look at brands of boats in use for that
kind of activity.

Well, I'm not from Florida, how big of an area is this area? If it's a
small area, then is it an accurate sample? If it's a large area, do you
mean to tell me you know EVERY charter boat in that area??? And even if
you do, does this directly means that all Bayliners are crap???

Oh, and take a look at this thread:

http://outdoorsbest.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=107267

Hardcore offshore and inshore FL fishermen and, the last time I
checked, over 170 different boats pictured. (note to self: get a pic
of the boat on there to bolster the Whaler fleet)

What a surprise, looks like Bayliner is "missing in action", once
again.

Wouldn't you've expected a better showing from such a "popular" brand
of boat?

Sorry, I didn't look at all 170 pictures. I did get your point though. A
few comments...

Are there only 170 Fisherman in Florida? I don't know much, but I'd guess
there are more. Is the Trophy contingent accurately represented in those
170 pictures? Maybe, maybe not, I don't know. Do you know? Of course
not.

Also doe this lacking of Bayliners (specifically Trophys) mean the boat is
not suitable for the hardcore offshore and inshore fishing, but a 14 foot
aluminium bass boat is? Now you're just being silly! (Note to self:
post my 2160 Trophy to shut Scott up) Just kidding, Scott.

I can't disput evidence you present does argue a point if we keep our
inferences solely within the context you've presented, Bayliners are not
popular. Once again does imply that Trophys are not popular anywhere?
Don't know. Does that directly equate to all Bayliners being inferior?
Not really. Does your evidence out weigh my personal experinces with the
brand? Not to me.

So, where do I see Bayliners? Bee-bopping up and down the ICW on
weekends, picnicing on sandbars/spoil islands and, looking like they
are having a real good time doing so. They're all over the place.

Which is exactly where and, doing exactly what, they were "designed"
for.

You may be right, there Scott! But that can be said of a host of other
brands, implying no real inferiority. And just because a Bayliner,
usually an entry level boat, isn't seen in other enviroment, doesn't mean
they are unsuatable for them. At least, not in my experience.

Some of us, however, are a bit more demanding.
--
SJM

Whoa there.... Scott. Ya started off kinda jerky, but then were sounding
like a pretty reasonable guy, until that last left-handed comment.

Contrary to what many elitest believe, the boat don't make the skipper.
I've been out in a 16' Bayliner in 6-8's in Lake Erie (And let me tell
you, those are NOT ocean swells). Conversely, my ex-girlfiens bought a
28' Four Winns which can probably easily handle that weather, but after
three seasons has yet to see anything on Lake Erie over 3 feet (that's a
rough day for her family). I've seen alot of nice 35-40 foot boats that
never leave the dock. If you didn't mean it that way, do youself a favor
and don't go there 'cause that the quickest road to "Horses Ass ville" you
can find.

If you did mean it as an insult, it explains why you debate with pictures
:^) (sorry)

Take Care,

Bob Dimond