John H.[_5_] John H.[_5_] is offline

Default What's for Dinner

On Sun, 08 Apr 2018 20:07:18 -0400, wrote:

On Sun, 08 Apr 2018 18:04:53 -0400, John H.
wrote:

On Sun, 08 Apr 2018 14:01:01 -0400,
wrote:

On Sun, 08 Apr 2018 13:02:31 -0400, John H.
wrote:

On Sun, 08 Apr 2018 12:38:56 -0400,
wrote:

On Sun, 08 Apr 2018 09:15:32 -0400, John H.
wrote:

Going to give this a shot.

https://www.traegergrills.com/recipe...cocked-chicken

Donnie, please don't be offended. After all, it's Sunday.

Looks good. Sounds like a good place for some smoke. I end up doing
that on the gas grille but it is really not a smoker I do throw
hickory chips in there tho.
I am not that much on the breast meat tho I am a leg man so I cook
thigh quarters. It is not spatchcocking tho. I just "Obamize" them
(remove the backbone)

I'd do nothing but thighs and legs, but my wife won't eat them. She has to have the white meat.

My wife says she just likes white meat but when it is boned out, she
takes the thighs. I don't use white for any kind of soup type thing
but I do use it in parmesan

My wife makes a 'chicken chili' in the crockpot with chicken breasts. Have to admit it's pretty damn
good.

Never did chicken chili but we make turkey chili. It is the way to get
rid of a few pounds of left over turkey without eating sandwiches for
a week.

I've bought the ground turkey and used it for turkey chili several times. I prefer the beef, but
there really isn't much difference in the taste of the final product.