Default removed distributor but forgot to mark the position of rotor

On Fri, 30 Mar 2018 08:50:52 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

I pulled my chevy 350 out of my s10 had to remove cap for clearance took trans off rotate motor to take fly wheel off so I have to retime motor or can I just put cap back on

No big deal, bump the motor around until the pointer is TDC, be sure
#1 in on a compression stroke (valves closed) and point the rotor to
the #1 on the cap. That should be close enough to start it. Get your
timing light out and finish it up.