Keith

Default Buttons on boat covers hard to snap on

West and other marine stores have little snap extenders that can help out.
It's a little piece of leather or vinyl with a male snap on one end and a
female on the other.

"Jim Pratt" wrote in message
Is it possible to apply some type of product to soften up my boat covers

in
order to snap-on them on easier? My cover sections have shrunk and are

very
difficult to stretch into place in order to snap on. (Some sections have
windows - and all look like a canvas weave material underneath, and a

white
smooth naugahide looking finish on the outside. Not sure what this stuff

is
called). The covers are actually in pretty good shape for a 1980 Sylvan
Sportster IO. I suspect the previous owner hardly ever used them. I need

to.
I can't locate anythone on the web making exact replacements from a

pattern
that old, without having to send in the originals.

Thanks much!
Jim