Gilligan

Default Saddened and Disgusted

It's not the hooks, but the fight in the fish that is admirable.

After all, the trollers and tollees are all in the same cyclonic vortex of
ever decreasing radius, destined for the same holding tank and absorption
bed.

"Build it as a monument to the spirit that which is yours... and could have
been mine"

Gail Wynand

"Flying Tadpole" wrote in message
Good Capt Neal,

I know that on my return my immediate impulse, to my subsequent
shame, was to shout "encore", but my conscience pricked me even
before either you or the estimable Gilligan pointed out the
perversion of the orgiastic newbie feeding, and I attempted to
make amends by issuing my own warning. But what is to be done,
when the protagonist himself will not disengage? ANd what example
is there, really, to show him how to do it? For on
alt.sailing.asa, the main trollers now have dispensed with bait,
or even with jigs. They simply display a hook, and the fish
impale. Inevitably, a newcomer, if desirous of acceptance, will
seek to do the same, thinking that such self-sacrifice is
appreciated. How can one explain the long-term hurt of a hook
when the hookee steadfastly chews it deeper into his jaw, while
the hookers gleefully throw more and more to chew on?

Flying Tadpole
(now flying angellically high above the unseemly and
blood-stained cybermaelstrom)

Simple Simon wrote:

It was with great dismay that I read the latest contributions to alt.
sailing.asa.

I had hoped that the new, so-called and self-proclaimed newsgroup
leadership would not allow things to become so out of control.
There simply is no justification for such debasement of what used
to be an example of creativity and good humor.

I am saddened when I see newbies hung up as trophies. I am
disgusted when I see the typical, obese, smug, cruel and psychopathic,
long time trollers standing in front of a string of dead fish and who
are proud they conquered said fishsnip