John H[_2_] John H[_2_] is offline

Default Speaking of remote starters...

On Sun, 07 Jan 2018 14:40:34 -0500, wrote:

On Sun, 07 Jan 2018 12:59:51 -0500, John H
wrote:

Upon hooking up the OBD scanner, I get a C0899 (Device voltage low), a C0561 (ABS disabled, invalid
serial data received), and P0673 (#3 Glow plug circuit). The first (and maybe the second) may be due
to low batteries, which I've treated badly this winter - only short trips to the store, etc. Trips
that should have been made walking or riding a motorcycle. So, the charger is on, and we'll see what
happens when the batteries are up to snuff.

"Glow plug" figured prominently in those threads I read about remote
start not working. It might be worth a shot. Does it run a little
rough for a minute on a regular start? I don't know a lot about
diesels but I am guessing if a glow plug was not working, it would
miss a bit until it started "dieseling"
It may just be a loose connection I guess.

Oh, and charging the batteries didn't change any of the readings. Looks like I've got an ABS problem
and a glow plug problem.