justan justan is offline

Default Greg is OK, but ...

True North Wrote in message:
On Sunday, 17 September 2017 20:27:24 UTC-3, justan wrote:
True North Wrote in message:
On Sunday, 17 September 2017 16:16:28 UTC-3, Tim wrote:
My buddy in the BVI lost all three of his boats...one he lives on, one he had ties to it and was used as storage and a 19' day sailor. He's ok though...just got a message from his brother this morning. Odd..the live aboard was a boat he found blown inland from a previous hurricane. I imagine he'll be shopping around for another survey project once the insurance people have done their writing off.
Besides being a Capt up to a certain tonnage, he is a licensed surveyor.

All in all it was a totally bad deal...

He's a character who somehow lands on his feet. usually things are slow down there during the summer so he survives on his small canada Pension and a pension from the British Virgin Islands supplemented with his duties as Hurricane Warden for the Roadtown area. His brother just told me that now Vic is working for a salvage company. I'm sure he'll find a new home before too long.

How long has your buddy been bumming around in the islands?

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

He doesn't bum around, Justine....he works when it's available in the winter months. If a ditz like y'all wanted to cruise for a week on a sailboat, I'd highly recommend y'all hire a boat with a captain (such as him) to save you from doing something stupid. He teaches sailing to tourists, does some commercial scuba diving...even worked on a movie a number of years back. He transports boats from port to port for clients...such as the numerous boat charter companies down there. A lot of this work is dependent on a healthy tourist season.

Sounds like fun.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/