Mr. Luddite[_4_] Mr. Luddite[_4_] is offline

Default Greg...Don't see you here!

On 9/10/2017 12:36 PM, Wayne.B wrote:
On Sun, 10 Sep 2017 12:12:22 -0400, John H
wrote:

Same is true for you. I think you exercised better judgement by leaving. When it's all over, tell us
what damage you could have prevented by being there.

===

If home I could fire up one of the generators on the boat and restore
power to the house. Power is still on as we speak but will most
certainly go out later today. We'll probably lose the contents of the
fridges and freezers as a result. Another issue, albeit less likely,
is the risk of looters. This is apparently a huge problem in the
Caribbean right now, with armed gangs taking over homes and hotels on
some islands. Last but not least, if the roof of the house is
damaged, a fairly frequent occurrence, the quicker you can get a poly
tarp up, the less damage.

I think you made a good move. Sometimes we tend to think like a 20 or
30 year old but soon realize we could cause other people more problems
and risk than the problems we could solve.