Ligniere

Default Reusable Salt Water Battery

Really?

I can send you plans to test for a battery.

If you are moored in strong currents you might want to try a
magnetohydrodynamic generator. It can be built with a pvc tube, common
magnets, two wires and some simple copper electrodes. The salt water current
flows through the tube which has magnets on the outside, which also has a
magnetic field on the inside. There is a voltage induced between opposing
walls of the tube, where you put the electrodes. There is minimal drag on
this device and no moving parts.

Do you have a shear and a brake? You could make a large battery. Are you
qualified to operate machinery?

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
I've got all of those parts and a metal lathe/ machine shop..... where

can
I get the plans?

CM

"Ligniere" wrote in message
thlink.net...
| It's obvious Bobsprit knows zilch about anything electrical, or just
| anything for that matter.
| Yes, indeed, Simon the output is a little low, but it's a small battery.
If
| one were to make one in a 50 quart plastic cooler, the ouptut would be
| considerably more.
| In fact, if one were resourceful you could build this device from metal
shim
| stock, a cooler, some plastic and be in business.
| You could even make a battery from old zinc sacrificial electrodes and
scrap
| copper pipe tied in an alternating fashion on a line and lowered over

the
| side of a yacht. You would need a wire to connect successive copper to
zinc
| piece and a wire at each end of the string. This would easily recharge a
| battery - 24 hours a day and cost next to nothing.
|

| "Simple Simon" wrote in message
| Interesting that you can't read or figure out how to
| view the source code to find the specs I posted.
|

| "Bobsprit" wrote in message
| Here it is, just add salt water and you get 12 VDC! When it runs

down,