John H[_2_] John H[_2_] is offline

Default Damn good chicken fried steak

On Wed, 28 Jun 2017 10:37:57 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 28 Jun 2017 05:33:16 -0400, John H
wrote:

On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 19:39:51 -0400,
wrote:

On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 17:26:04 -0400, John H
wrote:

Chicken Fried Steak

4 -6 beef cube (tenderized) steaks (1 1/2-2lbs)

Looks good. I still think you should try the 48 pin tenderizer. I just
did one tonight using top sirloin and the texture is so much better
than cubed steaks.

Which one do you like?
http://tinyurl.com/y9l5xc2e

Normally our Safeway has nice cuts of cube steak that look like they must come from the eye of the
round. But the ones yesterday were tough and gnarly. I'm plenty willing to give the sirloin a try.

I have the Deni MT48 but I see they have been knocked off by someone
at $12 in that ad.
Even if the cube steak is made from a nice piece of meat it still
loses a lot of the meaty texture. The tenderizer allows you to control
how badly you beat it up and you can see the meat before it gets
tenderized. You can really use just about anything that is on sale if
you trim out the gnarly parts and feed them to the dog. Publix had
that top sirloin for $5 a pound and it worked great. You really do not
need to "cube" it to tenderize it.

I talked to the meat man at Safeway. He said he always uses eye of round, which is good. When I
showed him a package of what I'd bought yesterday, he blamed it on his underling. But he did pull
the stuff off the shelf. He had put out some eye of round this a.m. I should have waited a day.