d parker

Default newbie question about boat deliveries

Ta. Do it if you can and good luck

DP
"Brien Alkire" wrote in message
That's what I suspected. Perfect response, thanks for the info. I think
we're going to pursue this, it's a terrific opportunity to gain a lot of
experience.

"d parker" wrote in message
u...
If you are noobs to the sport you can expect no financial help. You're
getting a free boat ride and a bucket load of experience as pay. It is

very
unreasonable to expect anything more. Its like being able to carry

Harrison
fords luggage and expecting to get his salary for it. (Well, that's

extreme
but I hope you get my point)

Many journeys differ too. Some may supply food while others are share
expenses of everything from food and fuel to marina berths.

If the owner is going too make sure you buy him a bottle of his

favourite
booze at the end of trip to say thank you regardless of the structure.

DP

"Brien Alkire" wrote in message
An aquantance asked my wife and I if we're interested in being part of

boat delivery crew. He mentioned two specific trips, each are around

2
weeks long and at interesting places. I was in a hurry and told him I
looked forward to chatting more about it.

I'd like to get a heads up on how this stuff works before I chat with

him
again. Can anyone give me a run-down on these things? Obviously he

is
getting a salary and his travel expenses paid. What should I expect

from
an
invitation to crew? Should I expect my travel expenses to be paid?

We
don't have a great deal of experience but he can see we are capable

and
that
we true students of the sport of sailing.