Brien Alkire

Default newbie question about boat deliveries

An aquantance asked my wife and I if we're interested in being part of a
boat delivery crew. He mentioned two specific trips, each are around 2
weeks long and at interesting places. I was in a hurry and told him I
looked forward to chatting more about it.

I'd like to get a heads up on how this stuff works before I chat with him
again. Can anyone give me a run-down on these things? Obviously he is
getting a salary and his travel expenses paid. What should I expect from an
invitation to crew? Should I expect my travel expenses to be paid? We
don't have a great deal of experience but he can see we are capable and that
we true students of the sport of sailing.