Mr. Luddite Mr. Luddite is offline

Default EZpass

On 3/31/2017 8:06 PM, justan wrote:
"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:
What's with "EZpass" ?? I received an invoice last month for $1.60. I
don't have or use EZpass and the license plate number on the invoice
didn't match the plate numbers on either of my vehicles. The charge was
for a toll in Alliston, MA. I haven't been to Alliston in my life.

Anyway, somehow I found a way to talk to a real person at EZpass which
took quite a while to get around the automated voice system. Only way I
could get to a real person was to respond to the Pay by phone, then give
a false last name. If I gave them my real name, the automated system
just tried to collect the $$.

The representative checked the picture the system takes of your license
plate number and verified that the invoice was in error. Hetold me to
ignore it ... he'd take care of it.

Today I got a "past due" notice from EZpass with a late charge for the
same invoice with warnings that I may not be able to renew the car
registration or my license if I don't pay it. Went to the EZpass website
and "chatted" on-line with a representative. Total waste of time. Told
me I'd continue to get invoices until the "dispute" was settled. Told
him there's no damn dispute. It wasn't me. He told me it will "probably"
be resolved before I have to renew my license in October.

What a pain in the ass.

I got a bill from the Texas toll authority for about $2. The thing
is it took them over a year to bill me.

If it was from another state I wouldn't even bother trying to resolve
it. Problem here is they can withhold your license or registration
renewal if it's not resolved or paid. Here I am, an old fart, minding
my own business, not bothering anybody, haven't used a toll road in
about 5 years and the stupid MA EZpass system has to annoy the crap out
of me.