Default EZpass

What's with "EZpass" ?? I received an invoice last month for $1.60. I
don't have or use EZpass and the license plate number on the invoice
didn't match the plate numbers on either of my vehicles. The charge was
for a toll in Alliston, MA. I haven't been to Alliston in my life.

Anyway, somehow I found a way to talk to a real person at EZpass which
took quite a while to get around the automated voice system. Only way I
could get to a real person was to respond to the Pay by phone, then give
a false last name. If I gave them my real name, the automated system
just tried to collect the $$.

The representative checked the picture the system takes of your license
plate number and verified that the invoice was in error. Hetold me to
ignore it ... he'd take care of it.

Today I got a "past due" notice from EZpass with a late charge for the
same invoice with warnings that I may not be able to renew the car
registration or my license if I don't pay it. Went to the EZpass website
and "chatted" on-line with a representative. Total waste of time. Told
me I'd continue to get invoices until the "dispute" was settled. Told
him there's no damn dispute. It wasn't me. He told me it will "probably"
be resolved before I have to renew my license in October.

What a pain in the ass.

On 3/31/2017 8:06 PM, justan wrote:
"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:
[...]

I got a bill from the Texas toll authority for about $2. The thing
is it took them over a year to bill me.

If it was from another state I wouldn't even bother trying to resolve
it. Problem here is they can withhold your license or registration
renewal if it's not resolved or paid. Here I am, an old fart, minding
my own business, not bothering anybody, haven't used a toll road in
about 5 years and the stupid MA EZpass system has to annoy the crap out
of me.

"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:
[...]

I received one from IL three years after I was there with a rented car.
I was with a friend and had his I-Pass in the window. That didn't work
for some reason. Since it was a rented car, Illinois wanted their money
and National wanted $35 per "violation". That was almost $150. My
friend called and gave him his I-Pass info and IL charged him for the
tolls. National was another matter. They wanted their $140 but finally
waived it when I showed them the toll was paid and reminded them that is
was three years ago.

"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:
[...]

===

I feel your pain. That said, it would probably be easier to mail them
a check for $1.60 and write "paid under protest" on it. That won't
make any difference but it will make you feel better. :-)

On balance I like EZ Pass, Sun Pass, etc. It has taken most of the
aggravation out of toll booth congestion.

On Fri, 31 Mar 2017 19:20:35 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

[...]

When that happened to me I called them and waited for a confirmation
number when they told me they would take care of it.
The picture that was sent along with the bill did not look like the
car they say the tag is registered to. (my Honda)

"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:
[...]

I thought about doing that. With the late fee it's now $3.20. If I get
another notice I'll probably just pay it with a note as you suggested.
Not worth the friggen hassle.