Default 1983 Sea Ray 260 Sundancer

On Wed, 15 Mar 2017 14:31:26 +0000, Dolly Grey
wrote:

In the past, I have sailed the seas in a sailboat but now in my old age
want to trailer a boat to different Ports of Call. I also intend to keep
my powerboat at home after summer long weekends of boating.

I am seriously considering the purchase of a 26" 1983 Sea Ray Sundancer.
It is quite a distance from me and the price could be right for my
budget.

QUESTIONS:
1) I have a GMC Sierra that will haul 11,300 lbs. This means that I
would have no difficulty in hauling such a weight. BUT how would it be
towing such a boat on the highway?

2) Any known problem areas that I should be aware of?

Thank you to all who answer and for your time.

Listen to Wayne, He has a SunRay a foot or so bigger than the one you
are talking about. Old boats can be OK, particularly in fresh water.
Here in the salt, they tend to be George Washington's hatchet. It has
had the handle replaced a couple times and it has a new head but it is
the same one that chopped down the cherry tree.
You need to figure out how much was replaced and when because it is
almost all a consumable.