Alex[_10_] Alex[_10_] is offline

Default 1983 Sea Ray 260 Sundancer

True North wrote:
"Dolly Grey

In the past, I have sailed the seas in a sailboat but now in my old age
want to trailer a boat to different Ports of Call. I also intend to keep
my powerboat at home after summer long weekends of boating.

I am seriously considering the purchase of a 26" 1983 Sea Ray Sundancer.
It is quite a distance from me and the price could be right for my
budget.

QUESTIONS:
1) I have a GMC Sierra that will haul 11,300 lbs. This means that I
would have no difficulty in hauling such a weight. BUT how would it be
towing such a boat on the highway?

2) Any known problem areas that I should be aware of?

Thank you to all who answer and for your time."

I've been struggling with this question for the last 6 years.
First of all I needed a boat big enough to make the wife comfy, was safe enough to take out in fresh water lakes and rivers to ocean harbours and bays. On the other hand it had to fight into my narrow 10'5" wide driveway nightly.
I didn't want the hassel of an older boat so it had to be new.
This was a bad time as our CDN dollar is only worth a fraction of the US dollar.
Still not sure I got it right

You'll never get it right. Hopefully your next try will fight in your
driveway. Nightly? That's interesting, too.