Bill[_12_] Bill[_12_] is offline

Default 1983 Sea Ray 260 Sundancer

Dolly Grey wrote:

In the past, I have sailed the seas in a sailboat but now in my old age
want to trailer a boat to different Ports of Call. I also intend to keep
my powerboat at home after summer long weekends of boating.

I am seriously considering the purchase of a 26" 1983 Sea Ray Sundancer.
It is quite a distance from me and the price could be right for my
budget.

QUESTIONS:
1) I have a GMC Sierra that will haul 11,300 lbs. This means that I
would have no difficulty in hauling such a weight. BUT how would it be
towing such a boat on the highway?

2) Any known problem areas that I should be aware of?

Thank you to all who answer and for your time.

Towing should not be a problem if you are competent. But a 1983. probably
a money pit. Also a fairly large boat, so consider where you will use it.