gatt

Default Boaters like this make jetskier look like saints

"Grumman-581" wrote in message

Well, it's unlikely that the PWCs will do any damage to the barges even if
they were to hit one, so it's probably not that big of a deal... Let them
have their fun over there away from the rest of us... If they screw up,
they'll be just like a gnat -- they'll be swatted...

When I bought my boat, from an established and reputable dealer on the
Willamette River, they had a big Bayliner cruiser up on blocks with a huge
hole in the side of it like a ship that's been hit by a cruise missile.

Turns out it had been sold brand new, and when you buy boats from the dealer
you get a free lesson. While the new owner was out learning to drive his
boat a waverunner slammed into the side of it. The PWC driver was not
seriously hurt because he let go before the impact, and the Bayliner didn't
sink...it returned to the ramp however with a waverunner firmly jammed
through the side of the hull.

Betcha the PWCer wasn't insured.

-c