Keyser Soze Keyser Soze is offline

Default Why am I still here?

On 1/10/17 2:47 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 1/10/2017 12:58 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 10 Jan 2017 11:44:57 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

I've always had trailer brakes on the car trailer, horse trailer and
boat trailers. Adjusted properly with the controller, they put little
or no extra stopping capability requirement on the tow vehicle. Surge
brakes on boat trailers are a little "iffy" though.

Brakes on boat trailers are iffy no matter what. If you are dunking
them in salt water, they don't last very long.

Been a while but the last two boat trailers I had were equipped with
a fresh water flushing system for the brakes. One was factory equipped,
The other I had installed when putting new brakes on an older trailer.
Might not make them last forever, but probably helped prevent premature
corrosion.

The local boat ramp I used had fresh water hoses available, so I'd flush
the stainless trailer brakes immediately after dunking the boat and
immediately after retrieving it. Only took about 10 minutes, kept the
brakes from rusting out from the salt water.