John R Weiss

Default Best Small boat/dingy for would be sailor

"jl" wrote...
I've been leaning more and more toward a monohull dinghy. I've looked a
little at the 505, and like the idea of having a boat I can progress with up
to spinnaker sailing. How is the 505 for singlehanding?

The 505 is generally too hot for singlehanding. The 420 (same concept, smaller
boat) can be singlehanded, especially if you have one that has 2 mast steps --
one for rigging as a sloop and one as a cat (without jib). The cat rig is often
used for kids' sailing instruction and for frostbiting.
John Weiss
Seattle, WA
Remove NOSPAM from reply address