Rusty

Default There's Records - then there's Records!

"Ron Netzley" wrote in message
Can't help it - but the Bud is not the "Fastest Propellor Boat" Nor is

Vilwock
the fastest propellor boat driver in the world.
Those claims HAVE to go to the boat (Blown Fuel Hydro) 'Wildside' and it's
Driver.
245.82 mph.
OK, OK - it was (only) a 1/4 mile run .... but when have you ever seen an
Unlimited go 200 mph in a 1/4 mile?
My point is - There are records and then there are records ... but the

fastest
ANY propellor boat has ever gone is the 245.82 that was done by Wildside!

The Bud is the Fastest Unlimited Boat in the world ~ yes ... And they (the
Driver and Crew) deserve all the credit due!!!

But ...

Netz135

Cool....I was just going by the records recognized by Union Internationale
Motonautique, the international certifying body for records.

I'm rather unfamiliar with drag boats. Is the speed the max speed that was
reached during the quarter mile? or an average speed over a certain distance?

For what it's worth, Villwock topped out at over 229 on the second run through
the course, then lost his prop and rudder at roughly 227 jut after crossing
the finish line. Rather lucky to end up in one piece!

Rusty