neil

Default Questions from a newbie

"Liz" wrote in message
om...
Hello

I'm new to newsgroups (so hopefully haven't made a pig's ear of it!)
and new to kayaking. What I'd like to know is as a 35 year old
beginner, are my chances of becoming a great paddler less now than if
I'd started as a child or does age not enter the equation? I know I'm
not old but I seem to be the eldest novice in my local club, lol.

Also, as a complete "Humbug" I was wondering if any instructors out
there would be willing to give me lessons over the Christmas break. I
live in Southampton, and am yearning to get out of the pool and onto a
river. I'm trying to boycott Xmas this year and can't think of a
better way to spend it : )

TIA

Liz.

Hi Liz yes age does make a difference I started at 36 3 years ago and still
having problems
with thinks like rolling

The club that I go to has a 15 year old female how has been Kayaking for 2
years and last month she rolled
115 time non stop in fact she could of done more but the water was getting
to shallow

Neil

---