Broooz

Default Gentle Paddling in Scotland.

"Mike Buckley" wrote in message
Hmmm - I've paddled the Leny many times over many years and NEVER had any
problems.

I take your point Mike but I think you may well have the experience to avoid
the difficulties. You also know when it is too high to be safe - the Leny
rises fairly quickly if there is heavy rainfall. But as a river to
recommend to someone who is looking for a grade I or II this must be a
complete no. It is possible to die on the falls if you miss the take out
beforehand. So definitely not for someone on their first trip without an
experienced guide and for me that means at least with the ability if not the
qualification of level 4 coach.