arache

Default waterproof digital cameras

"Nick" wrote in message
om...
I didn't come across any waterproofed versions, but many now have
optional waterproof hard cases rated up to 40m (130ft), although these
are expensive (£100-£150). Here's a few of the cameras that I looked
at:

Sony DSC-p10 (my new camera)
Canon Ixus 400
Olympus Mju 300 & 400

I think Sony produces waterproof boxes for most of their more expensive
digital cameras.

Aquapac http://www.aquapac.co.uk/ do waterproof camera bags that are
rated to about 5-10m, which should be ok when keeping a camera in a
b/aid pocket. I'll probably try one of these before splashing out on
a hardcase. And definitely buy your camera online (or abroad) as
you'll easily save yourself 20-30% on the RRP.

I've had an aquapac leak on me and during very mundane usage. I'd warn folk
away from them.

If you want any more info, or the huge pile of weblinks I seem to have
built up (retailers, manufacturers, review sites), then just let know.

I'd like to know what it was about the SONY that won out.
cheers,