Nick

Default waterproof digital cameras

Just spent a good few weeks researching digital point-n-shoot cameras
before buying my first one last week. I already have a 35mm SLR for
doing anything creative, so I wanted something small enough to take
anywhere, including my b/aid pocket, and decent enough to take good
images.

I didn't come across any waterproofed versions, but many now have
optional waterproof hard cases rated up to 40m (130ft), although these
are expensive (£100-£150). Here's a few of the cameras that I looked
at:

Sony DSC-p10 (my new camera)
Canon Ixus 400
Olympus Mju 300 & 400

Aquapac http://www.aquapac.co.uk/ do waterproof camera bags that are
rated to about 5-10m, which should be ok when keeping a camera in a
b/aid pocket. I'll probably try one of these before splashing out on
a hardcase. And definitely buy your camera online (or abroad) as
you'll easily save yourself 20-30% on the RRP.

If you want any more info, or the huge pile of weblinks I seem to have
built up (retailers, manufacturers, review sites), then just let know.

Cheers,
Nick

Jel Coward wrote in message ...
Hi all

Apols for cross posting to rec.boats.paddle
We have a baby due to arrive and so there is much pressure for us to
purchase a digital camera.

Well, ok, but only if I can take it paddling!

Has anyone had any experience with waterproof digitals that they might
share please?

Cheers
--
Jel Coward

The UK Wilderness Emergency Medical Technician and Command Physician course is
9th-15th November 2003 at Glenmore Lodge, Aviemore, Scotland

http://www.wildmedic.org
http://www.wemsi.org

'There's no such thing as bad weather - just bad clothing"
Anon Norwegian