Broooz

Default Post 2 Star Fun

"Ewan Scott" wrote in message
Expeditions are dependent upon the presence of L3 coaches, and they
are not always available.

There are probably more than you think. Generally there are quite a few who
did the course and never lead but with a little encouragement who knows.

Their interpretation of a gentle paddle on
moving water is usually very diferent from that of our candidates.

A good L3 coach should find out what the group wants. I agree you need to
be careful though.

L3 for us is a possible, but first we need to do 4 Star, which given
that we started out doing Placid Water Open Cockpit, is a far cry from
what we had initially intended doing

Go for it. 4 star is not too hard. L3 coach will need rather more
dedication but if you enjoy it and the scouts do, you will be well rewarded.